In order to be eligible for membership and obtain the designation of registered acupuncturist (R.Ac.) with the Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of Nova Scotia (ATCMANS), an applicant must:
- Be over 18 years of age and of good moral character.
- Be a Canadian citizen, a Landed Immigrant or possess a valid and relevant Work Permit
- Reside and Practice in Nova Scotia
- Be a qualified graduate that received their certification from an accredited full-time program of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture consisting of at least 3 years or equivalent hours (totaling a minimum of 2100hrs that includes at least 450 clinical hours specifically from a program of Acupuncture or Traditional Chinese Medicine/Oriental Medicine).
- Have an up to date First Aid and CPR certification
- Be certified in Clean Needles Techniques
- Provide a photo ID
- Have a certificate of conduct and consent for criminal records and vulnerability sector check (RCMP forms and documentations)
- read and be up to date with quality practice set by regulated Canadian provinces for the practice of TCM acupuncture
– please review documents from the CTCMA for quality practice as a guideline
10. International applicant will be required to do a Clean Needle Technique course (online webinar available) – please contact association for more info –
How to become a member
Please read the membership application form below to see the full documentations that will be required for membership application and approval. Please send to contact address below. You will be contacted to confirm of information.
Part of ATCMANS membership requirements are:
Annual membership dues: $300.00 annual membership fee due when accepted into the association. Full membership fee is prorated when applying within 6 months ending the fiscal year. There is a 50$ rebate on annual dues when attending in person the Annual General Meeting.
Professional Liability Insurance: Once accepted, in order for the association to add your name as an active registered members to health providers, you must first obtain professional liability coverage of a minimum of 1 000 000$ per claim that covers the practice of acupuncture and modalities which you will be using. Proof of policy certificate must be sent to ATCMANS annually. Please note that when teaching and supervising student, additional coverage maybe needed. In addition, it is the responsibility of each practitioner to inquire with their clinic regarding the need for commercial liability coverage. For more information of Professional and Commercial liability insurance please contact the association.
Continued Education: Members are required to complete, a minimum of 40 hours every 2 years of qualifying Continuing Education.
Student Membership Application
ATCMANS encourage students to become members of a professional acupuncture association in order to have a voice in the future development and regulation of Traditional Chinese Medicine / Oriental Medicine Acupuncture in Nova Scotia as well as Canada. Being part of a professional association can give many opportunities for students: access to seminars and workshop to strengthen and further their knowledge, the possibility to network with practitioners and learn from their experience, learn more about regulations and requirements to start and maintain a successful practice.
Please contact : email@example.com for inquires and /or to obtain ATCMANS Membership application forms or the ATCMANS Student Application Forms
Please send all documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email application helps to expedite the review process).
Application fee can be etransfered to email@example.com and is the preferred method of payment.
Application can also be mailed to:
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Association of Nova Scotia (ATCMANS)
c/o Janine Crowe, Director of Membership
64 Brook Ave. Kentville, N.S., B4N 2B4
For further inquires please contact :
Janine Crowe (ATCMANS Director of membership) 902-678-9121 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelley Teal (ATCMANS president) at 902-452-2301 / email@example.com